Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Holidays

This year as a family we decided to focus on traditions and memories for Christmas instead of a lot of presents. So here is our first memory. We have spent two weeks planning and building a gingerbread house to donate to the gateway for humanity. Sorry this picture is not rotated. We took it down to Mystique and Wesley was helping us put on the finishing touches.

This is a really good picture of Wesley. lol. The front of our house.

This was minutes before 2:00pm, which was the deadline for the entry. We made it with time to spare.


Some opps's along the way. We mis-measured the quantities of Gelatin in the mixture for our shingles. Lots of fun things to laugh about along the way.




Here is the house pattern we used. I think ours turned out pretty good.



8 comments:

Cindy said...

You win! Hands Down! I am impressed! Wow! I'm totally speechless! Way to go Jim!
JK! WAY TO GO THE TWO OF YOU!

KatherineWoodin said...

Julie, I am impressed. Do you get to keep it or are they sold. If you get to keep it save it so I can see it.

Unknown said...

That is one cool gingerbread house. It is like a replica of my dream house! Hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving. Are you going to mom and dad's?

doni said...

I love it. Can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AMAIZING!!!! I can't make a house look good out of graham crackers. That is truly awesome great job. I also like the idea of focusing on traditions!

doni said...

The pictures don't do it justice. It was so amazing. I think I fixed my profile so you should be able to see my blog now.

The Turleys said...

Awesome! You guys are such good parents and so talented when you work together. That project would have caused a near divorce for Chad and I as we struggle just to set up a tent together!

Jon Woodins said...

I'm so glad you took pictures and posted them. When I saw all the "building material" around your kitchen 3 weeks ago I never imagined the finnished project to turn out as cool as it did. You and your gingerbread house rock!